The Caves & Cliffs 1.18 update in Minecraft will finally be released on November 30 after a long time of anticipation. The update promises to change the mining experience in the game forever when the new cave and mountain biomes are introduced. Along with that, the world's height will also be increased.
In Minecraft 1.18 update, the caves will generate on Y level -59 while the lowest Y level will be -64. Players will find bedrock layers below -59.
For those who want to collect a lot of diamonds for their own, knowing the most recommended height for diamonds will help them collect a bunch without much effort.
What is the best diamond height Minecraft after the 1.18 version arrives? See below for more details.
Best diamond height Minecraft 1.18
Lots of changes are made to Minecraft world generation. Hence, diamond mining will also be different than before. The height at which diamonds ore spawn has been altered.
Diamond-hunting players must take notice that in Minecraft 1.18, diamonds only generate between Y 16 and -64. The best diamond height Minecraft now will be Y -59. At this level, you will be able to find the most abundant amount of them.
Y -59 is the best diamond height where you can find the most number of these ores.
Do not forget to bring an iron pickaxe or something of higher quality with you as diamond ores can only be mined this way. For more instructions on mining diamonds easily, readers can also take a look at our quick guide.
Moreover, the ores will be longer and you will get to see several rare ore formations. The Overworld fossils that can be discovered in the deepest parts will also generate with deepslate diamond ore instead of coal ore.
>>> 10 Best Minecraft Seeds For Diamonds 2021: A Must-Have For Your Minecraft Experience
New height for other ores in Minecraft
Apart from diamond ores, other ores found in the Overworld of Minecraft will also have different Y levels.
Levels to mine other ores in Minecraft also change as the new version is arriving.
Take a look at the Overworld ore list and the heights they would generate at:
- Coal ore: Between 320 and 0. Most common at Y levels 95 and 136.
- Copper ore: Between 112 and -16. Most common at level 48.
- Iron: Found at all levels until build height limit (320). Most common at 15 and 255.
- Gold ore: Between 30 and -64. In badlands, the ore will generate between 250 and -64. Like the earlier versions, you can still find a lot more gold ore in the badlands in the new update.
- Lapis Lazuli: Between -64 and 64. Most common at -1.
- Redstone ore: Generates between levels -64 and 16. Common at Y -59.
- Emerald ore: Only found in the mountains between levels -16 and 320. Most common at 255. You will get to see exposed emerald ores much more often in the Minecraft 1.18 update.
Besides, Deepslate emerald ores can also be found naturally.
The Ultimate Minecraft 1.18 Mining Guide - Best Way to Mine Diamonds, Gold, Emerald, Copper etc.
For more tips on Minecraft and other game titles, check out on Gurugamer.com!
>>> Related post: All New Advancements In Minecraft 1.18 Update And How To Complete Them